Thursday, August 17, 2006

super best friends

for everyone quitting now-a-days, surely the worst part is saying goodby to all those super-great people you work with. before leaving, coat your boss in all the pixy sticks your sweet little heart can muster and leave a warmfuzzywuzzyness in your absence by sending out a glucose rich email like this one:

"
Hello my dear friends at Polshek,

It was just a week ago I was studying all 150 names on the phone list with Alba.

It was just yesterday Jim told me I compliment the yellow wall.

Just yesterday I gained 60 pounds eating all the left overs from all the meetings while pregnant. It was only minutes ago, Duncan calling my name outside his office. Minutes ago Susie telling me how far she walked on her speedometer. Minutes ago that I saw Todd sneak downstairs for some "fresh air." What will I do without my name being paged by Rayna? I'm going to go through my "breakfast with Clarissa"

withdrawals. I'm going to miss Joe's "serious" face! I'm going to have to live without my Richard Gere look-a-like. How will I live without Jim calling me "Kim" in the hallway as we talk about sushi? What will I do without the one word-a-day from the MAN downstairs? I don't know if I could let go of my French James Bond, Tomas. And of course, the polite policeman, Don. And my suga-daddy Kevin. Who can possibly walk away from mister Sweet Talk himself, Charlie? And of course, Adam and um.. Crazy. Lisa and alcohol.. Penny and New York Sports Club. Susan and walking really, really fast. And everyone else, whom I was able to share some intimate conversations.. those that opened their lives and shared their stories and also allowed me to share my stories and my family with them.. I will truly miss you! Truly!

Thank you so much for all your love and support.

My accomplishments: two kids, a hundred and fifty new friends, and lots and lots of special memories!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
"

3 Comments:

Blogger menudo said...

cheese ball

9:25 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

cheesy poofs

9:56 AM  
Blogger WYATT said...

Everyone take a minute to imagine what Frosty's email will say to SHED in two weeks...A melting pot of the F-man Bullshit, sprinkled with blind ambition, a handful of Machismo and a dash of burps and scratches...Oh, the tears are welling up in the corners of my eyes now...How sentimental

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home