Monday, June 19, 2006

What do y'all do on your weekends?



So this past weekend my friend Tim & I got bored with everyone of our friends talking about going skydiving, but never actually going. We took it upon ourselves to men of action and went up to Eloy, Az for a nice littlr 13,000 foot drop. I highly recommend it to y'all as it is an experience that does not compare to anything else. These pics were taken from a video that I had taken as I suited up and jumped. I admit to being beyond nervous, and you can see it in the video once we get on the plane. My smug smile loses it's confidence as I gaze out on the land. If you are so inclined the video (it is about 5 minutes) is on YouTube here - Tandem Jump

I was wondering what everyone is up to? What do people do on the weekends and such in their respective parts of the country? I know McMillan has a trip coming up, Jessica has a move, and Doug & Meeks ride around taking pictures, but what happens in Montana, Washington, San Fran, and all the other place?

7 Comments:

Blogger mcmizzle said...

dang man, all I did was this...

http://www.fritzhaeg.com/salon/events/28kids.html

I helped with "Homefield" with the firm I work for called Durfee | Regn.

Did an all nighter Saturday night for it just to see the models we built be destroyed by little kids covered in mud. Awesome.

12:00 AM  
Blogger meeks said...

you deserve more comments for this one. truly a kick ass job.

7:17 PM  
Blogger vandub said...

I think we're all just speachless. I wish the camera man would have zoomed in on your dimples during freefall a little more.
So were you screaming the whole way down? Looked like it.
Also, did you pee yourself in the plane? You looked so nervious.
But very cool.
Last weekend I played the "let's follow someone home and see where they live" game. Not nearly as exciting. But they did have a nice big house.

9:43 AM  
Blogger meeks said...

creppy jessica. you could be one of those people sitting on the corner selling maps to starchitects homes.

12:38 PM  
Blogger JohnMorefield said...

Sweet man Ive always imagined the sense of scale to be surreal. Do you imagine that the ground is comming at you really fucking quick or is it just all color

1:52 PM  
Blogger vandub said...

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm leaving this town. Driving around to look at rich cars and rich houses is about all there is to do in terms of community involvement.
AND..
I wouldn't sell maps, I'd be on the corner preachin about the upcoming alien invasion....duh!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

There was no peeing in the plane just some nerves as you realize what you are about to do and how it defied logic. The second you step to the edge of the plane all anxiety disappears when you yell "go!".

I was yelling about half way down the free-fell, then I realized my mouth was dried out, so I shut it and enjoyed the adrenaline.

Once I pulled the chute and the my ears had popped it was silent as hell. The most noise was some rustling of the canopy. And the sense of scale is beyond warped, it felt like I was closer to the ground (like 200 feet), and then I'd look at my altimeter and would be at like 2,500 feet. And the landing area looked really small until the last minute, and in actuality it was the size of a football field. All in all fun.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home