Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Well...It's official

So today I turned in my letter of resignation. I've been out of the office sick for the last few days, so once I turned it in....I bolted out the door. I am scheduled to meet with my boss on friday for our monthly review and I figured that would be a good time to let him know....

So we's a moving back to Tucson. I never thought I would want to go back to that dust bowl of a town, but cali bites and Tucson has some pretty cool peeps. I am not looking for work at this point. Think I want to be a bum for a while. Christopher and I have been talking about opening a buisness...maybe good food. I also want to focus on my artwork for a while and see if I can get something started there.

I have every intention of continuing my work in architecture, but I think I need a break. Travel around for a while first.
So if you wanna visit monterey, you have until mid august. Then we out.


ToStoned here we come!

9 Comments:

Blogger employee-attendance said...

Gooood blog, dude! Here is another great site about accounting software - http://accounting-software.usbizsys.com/accounting-financial-software.html

12:31 AM  
Blogger vandub said...

Oh man, That's the only response I get from telling ya all I'm breaking out of societial norms to follow some pipe dream. Only employyee-attendance cares? And he said our blog is good....full o cacca.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

toStoned will welcome you back with open arms, a blazing hot sun, sticky monsoon rains, and prickly plants.

9:13 AM  
Blogger sgillmanorr said...

I think its awesome that your going to take some time, who cares about societal norms, I realize more and more that not everyone can work the 9-5 for their whole life. Follow the flexibility and what your heart tell you do! A restuarant would be very cool!

9:19 AM  
Blogger menudo said...

jess-EEEEE-cah! i am sad that you are leaving the wonderful state of california...ill try and visit before you leave and we will go hiking and wear funny wigs...si? good luck in az...love ya!

10:19 AM  
Blogger mcmizzle said...

Ditchin' CA for the AZ huh? Can't say I blame you. As soon as I'm licenced I'm out. I'd come up to visit before you leave if I could afford it. Stupid Europe. Maybe stop in LA on your way to T-town?
Fight the power Jessica, and have a drink at Che's for me.

1:23 PM  
Blogger vandub said...

that's better.
thanks kids. you'll either see me on the cover of dwell in a few years or you'll see me on the corner selling that magizine for homeless people. either way, it'll beat sitting in one place all my life working on someone elses drawings, feeling older than I am and slowly gaining too much weight from the 4 coffees needed to keep my eyes open all day.

had the dreaded talk with the bossman this afternoon. It was actually good. He's bummed I'm leaving.

2:47 PM  
Blogger JohnMorefield said...

If architecture teaches you one thing its to think you can do eveything but have the knowlegdge to know what your passions are, use your training well tall artsi jedi. Go where your heart leads you but if it keeps pointing back to Tucson go get your compass checked. The Northwest is alwasys looking for new free spirits and we would be better off with you up here.

4:18 PM  
Blogger WYATT said...

J-Van,
Perhaps I can coordinate w/ menudo, and come vizit. I could go for a hike or somthing, I think that you might have found a secret place or two. I miss the power of the desert too, EVERYTHING here is too blatently beautiful, takes no intelligentce to see the deeper stuff.

Take care

WY

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home